INTERNATIONAL POLICE EXECUTIVE SYMPOSIUM
28th Annual Meeting, Liverpool, UK - August 6 - 11, 2017
Theme: Organised Crime & Terrorism: Policing Challenges for Local to International level
Like all IPES, www.ipes.info, meetings, the meeting in Liverpool will be the only global meeting of its kind on policing with researchers and practitioners hobnobbing for 4 nights and 5 days in an intellectually stimulating environment we endeavor to create. The participants are encouraged to work on post-conference publications (see below). These intense meetings are interspersed with a rich cultural program. Apart from fun and enjoyment, the cultural exposure helps appreciate at first hand that policing is a product of culture.
An IPES Meeting is also more than a usual conference: We publish a post-conference book with fully edited and revised papers presented at the conference and, also a Special Issue of the affiliated journal, Police Practice and Research: An International Journal, PPR, with 7/8 most analytical papers. And, in this prolonged, retreat-like symposium, the participants enjoy a tremendous possibility of networking across the globe as well as accomplishing publication goals as follows:
- Find participants, academics or practitioners, interested in collaborating on joint submissions to PPR and other sources.
- Identify police leaders among the participants who may be interested in being interviewed for the IPES Book Series, Trends in Policing: Interviews with Police Leaders Across the Globe (a participant may find contacts for interviews of judges, prosecutors and defense lawyers, and Prison Leaders for other interview-based books of IPES).
- Participants may also find co-authors for the IPES Book Series, Advances in Police Theory and Practice.
Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned, he can answer any questions that you may have. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Dilip K. Das Ph.D.. Professor.
Founding President, International Police Executive Symposium, IPES, www.ipes.info
Founding Editor-in-Chief, Police Practice and Research: An International Journal, PPR, http://www.tandfonline.com/gppr
Human Rights Consultant to the United Nations
Professor of Criminal Justice
Choose from our certified courses
Date:14th and 15th March 2018
SAVRY and J-SOAP II Risk Assessment: - Aggression and Harmful Sexual Behaviour in (male) adolescents risk assessment and formulation training
Date:25th and 26th April 2018
We cover the following areas in detail
- Forensic Risk Assessment
- Aggression Intervention
- Working with Personality Disorder
- Assessment and Understanding of Psychopathy
- Personality Disorder
- Crisis Intervention
- Working with Sexual Offenders
- Forensic Therapies
We're lucky to have worked with these clients
Newsletter Sign Up
Keep up to date with Events and Courses