WAIS-IV: InterpretationBook Now
Date: 1st December 2021, 9.30am - 4.30pm UK time
This training allows for an individual to gain a greater understanding of WAIS-IV general interpretation. This is a good course for those new to the WAIS IV and its general interpretation, or those looking for a refresher/update. It will look at:-
- History of the WAIS-IV: How the assessment has changed since its original development in 1955 and reasons for this change.
- The Assessment: Reasons why a WAIS-IV assessment is completed and what it is not designed to assess. Importance of working within the boundaries of the WAIS-IV and the risks of over-interpretation. Consideration will also be given to observable behaviour during the WAIS-IV that may be important to consider.
- Scoring of the WAIS-IV: Scoring the WAIS- IV correctly using a worked example. This will consider what may and may not be interpreted in accordance to WAIS-IV reliability.
- Components of the WAIS-IV, namely verbal comprehension, working memory, perceptual reasoning and processing speed will be examined in detail.
- Report Writing: Importance of compiling a report that is meaningful and focused on the target audience. This will include the elements of a good WAIS-IV report, including the importance of clear and meaningful recommendations.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will also be provided with optional post-course support (at no extra charge) with a WAIS-IV trainer reviewing the administration form and their first report conducted with a client post-training.
This course is supported by Pearson Assessments.
Due to heavy demand there are limited places on this course. The cost includes provision of handouts, reading material and a CPD certificate.
The training commences by 9:30am and ends by 4:30pm.
Trainers: Dr. Carol A. Ireland
Course materials: It would be helpful if delegates were able to bring a copy of the WAIS-IV manual to the event. A certificate of attendance will be provided to all.
Venue: Live Online Zoom Event
Who can attend: All delegates should have a preliminary understanding/ familiarity of WAIS-IV administration (or at least WAIS III/IV in its short form). They must possess a degree in psychology recognised by the BPS as conferring Graduate Basis (GBC). Psychologists in training can attend, although their clinical use of the WAIS-IV should be completed in accordance to the manual, local organisational policies, and under supervision of a Registered Psychologist with extensive expertise in use of the WAIS, and who takes full responsibility for its interpretation.
Cost: £220.00 + VAT(44.00) = £264.00
Please complete the booking online. Payment secures a place. A refund for any places secured can only be given before 1st November 2021. Any refund will be less any administration costs incurred by TIOFP. PLEASE NOTE: DELEGATES CAN ONLY ATTEND THE TRAINING WHERE THEY HAVE SETTLED THEIR INVOICE PRIOR TO THE EVENT/HAD A PURCHASE ORDER RAISED.Book Now
Read all about TIOFP in this section
Choose from our certified courses
Date:25th August 2021, 10am - 3pm, UK time
Location:Live Online Zoom Event
We cover the following areas in detail
- Forensic Risk Assessment
- Aggression Intervention
- Working with Personality Disorder
- Assessment and Understanding of Psychopathy
- Personality Disorder
- Crisis Intervention
- Working with Sexual Offenders
- Forensic Therapies
We're lucky to have worked with these clients
Newsletter Sign Up
Keep up to date with Events and Courses