WAIS-IV: Interpretation LIVE ONLINE EVENT (VIA ZOOM)Book Now
Date: 21st October 2020
This training allows for an individual to gain a greater understanding of WAIS-IV general interpretation. This is a good course for those new to the WAIS IV and its general interpretation, or those looking for a refresher/update. It will look at:-
- History of the WAIS-IV: How the assessment has changed since its original development in 1955 and reasons for this change.
- The Assessment: Reasons why a WAIS-IV assessment is completed and what it is not designed to assess. Importance of working within the boundaries of the WAIS-IV and the risks of over-interpretation. Consideration will also be given to observable behaviour during the WAIS-IV that may be important to consider.
- Scoring of the WAIS-IV: Scoring the WAIS- IV correctly using a worked example. This will consider what may and may not be interpreted in accordance to WAIS-IV reliability.
- Components of the WAIS-IV, namely verbal comprehension, working memory, perceptual reasoning and processing speed will be examined in detail.
- Report Writing: Importance of compiling a report that is meaningful and focused on the target audience. This will include the elements of a good WAIS-IV report, including the importance of clear and meaningful recommendations.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will also be provided with optional post-course support (at no extra charge) with a WAIS-IV trainer reviewing the administration form and their first report conducted with a client post-training.
This course is supported by Pearson Assessments.
Due to heavy demand there are limited places on this course. The cost includes provision handouts, reading material and a CPD certificate.
The training commences by 9:30am and ends by 4:30pm.
Trainers: Dr. Carol A. Ireland
Course materials: It would be helpful if delegates were able to bring a copy of the WAIS-IV manual to the event. A certificate of attendance will be provided to all.
Venue: LIVE ONLINE (VIA ZOOM)
Who can attend: All delegates should have a preliminary understanding/ familiarity of WAIS-IV administration (or at least WAIS III/IV in its short form). They must possess a degree in psychology recognised by the BPS as conferring Graduate Basis (GBC). Psychologists in training can attend, although their clinical use of the WAIS-IV should be completed in accordance to the manual, local organisational policies, and under supervision of a Registered Psychologist with extensive expertise in use of the WAIS, and who takes full responsibility for its interpretation.
Cost: £220.00 + VAT(44.00) = £264.00
Please complete the booking online. Payment secures a place. A refund for any places secured can only be given before 5th September 2020. Any refund will be less any administration costs incurred by TIOFP.Book Now
Read all about TIOFP in this section
Choose from our certified courses
TRAINING ON THE NEW SVR-20 (version 2): Adult Male Risk Assessment for Sexual Violence, formulation and assessment training, using the NEW SVR-20. 1st October 2020.
Date:1st October 2020
Up-skilling in personality disorder assessments using ICD-11 and DSM-5 Alternative Model approaches (live online event)
Date:2nd October 2020, 10am - 3pm, UK time
Location:Zoom (live online event)
We cover the following areas in detail
- Forensic Risk Assessment
- Aggression Intervention
- Working with Personality Disorder
- Assessment and Understanding of Psychopathy
- Personality Disorder
- Crisis Intervention
- Working with Sexual Offenders
- Forensic Therapies
We're lucky to have worked with these clients
Newsletter Sign Up
Keep up to date with Events and Courses