Date8th June 2023, 9.30am - 4.30pm (UK Time)
This event will provide an outline of factors relevant to understanding trauma in those with complex personality challenges, including a role for acquired personality disorder and/or psychopathy when accounting for affective and interpersonal domains of developed functioning. The event aims to:
- Increase knowledge concerning the background to trauma responding in those with complex personality challenges, including an outline of the origins and nature of personality disorder and clinical psychopathy;
- To identify the importance of formulation, accounting for the past, present and future components.
- To apply a framework to formulate in preparation for EMDR that accounts for the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) model.
- To account for the importance of preparation for those with complex personality presentations.
- To identify and prepare for considerations relevant to processing/desensitization with clients that have complex personality structures;
- To recognise the importance of assessment, preparation and adherence to the EMDR protocol with such clients.
- To learn how to apply the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) model to formulate and understand application of the EMDR protocol with this population.
Case studies will be used illustrate and develop learning. Focus will be on the standard EMDR protocol with reference to other protocols for consideration, as relevant.
The cost includes provision of handouts, reading material and attendance certificate. There are limited places on this event. Please email email@example.com for more information.
The training commences at 9:30am and ends by 4:30pm.
This event has been accredited by the EMDR Association UK for six CPD credits. Accredited credits only apply to EMDR therapists/those who have completed Part 1 of recognised EMDR training.
Please also note that only those trained in EMDR in accordance with the expectations of their jurisdiction are eligible to practice EMDR. This event is not designed to train you to become an EMDR therapist.