Date26th - 27th February 2024, 9.30am - 4.30pm UK time
This training focuses on the understanding of psychopathy, along with its assessment and scoring, using the Hare Psychopathy Checklist (PCL-R, 2nd Edition). Delegates will be trained in the use of and administration of the PCL-R.
Training will comprise case material and the scoring of clinical videos. The training aims to provide a broad outline of the assessment, management and understanding of psychopathy focusing on the following:
- Conceptualisations and theories of psychopathy;
- Distinguishing psychopathy from personality disorder;
- Assessment of psychopathy;
- Background to the development of the PCL-R;
- Structure and content of the PCL-R;
- Observing and scoring clinical interviews for the PCL-R;
- Effective use of the PCL-R: Ethical considerations.
The cost includes provision of handouts, reading material and CPD certificate. There are limited places on this course. Block booking discounts are available for services booking three or more places. Please email email@example.com for more information.
To attend the event you must have access to a PCL-R manual (2nd Edition), so that you can complete ratings. You can purchase this from https://www.annarbor.co.uk/. TIOFP is not a distributor for the manual and so we cannot provide this for you. You may want to consider purchasing the Complete Kit for your future use but for the training event you just require access to the manual.
The training commences at 9:30am and ends by 4:30pm, UK time, on each day.